Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Movie Madness

Blame Marie's daughter-in-law Lisa for this one. I was taking a quick look at Facebook before lying down for a nap. The nap wasn't for sloth, but necessity. Trent has been dealing with an icky cold for about a week and my throat decided to get a bit of the action. Lisa had commented on a post by a radio station. I didn't see her comment as I had no energy to wade through the thousands that were there. The post said, "Name a movie that does not have the letter "S" in it!" They added that it was harder than you think. Seriously? Even in my feverish state I was coming up with tons of them.

When I woke from my nap, I started thinking of more titles. Enough titles to make me decide to share them here. I have already forgotten many of the original titles I came up with, and come up with some new ones. Trent was kind enough to tell me more to write down, and to say them so fast that I couldn't keep up with writing them down. And saying, "Did you get it?" I got irritated because I couldn't write fast enough, but I still love you, honey. So here is a list of some, but not all, of the movies we thought up in just a few minutes' time. I have already forgotten lots of the ones I came up with earlier. There were some movies I just had to refuse to put down because I thought they were bad movies, so forgive me for that. And this is not meant as a comprehensive list! I am not a film historian, just a movie lover. There may be some movies that you like that aren't on the list. That is the fun of it, you get to remember more. If I made any errors by not using the complete official titles, I ask your forgiveness, and if I left off some of your favorites, they can be at the top of your list! Above all else, let's just have fun and share this game with family, friends, and coworkers!

Gone With the Wind
The Wizard of Oz
The Wiz
True Grit
Live And Let Die
Doctor No
Thunderball
Mad Max
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Back to the Future
The Man Who Knew Too Much
Vertigo
Rear Window
Devil
The Village
Marnie
Marty
Lady and the Tramp
Jungle Book
Finding Nemo
Pinocchio
Peter Pan
Cinderella
Winnie the Pooh
The Incredible Journey
Old Yeller
The Yearling
Balto
Dodgeball
Zoolander
Big Trouble
Timeline
The Phantom of the Opera
Dracula
Godzilla
Rodan
The Eye
The Thing
The Green Mile
Carrie
Becket
The Lion in Winter
Victor/Victoria
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Holiday Inn
From Here to Eternity
The Manchurian Candidate
The Italian Job
Going My Way
On the Waterfront
Gandhi
Rear Window
The Godfather
Rocky
Predator 
Alien
The Little Mermaid
Ben Hur
Aladdin
Top Hat
Nanny McPhee
Twelve Angry Men
Apollo Thirteen
10,000 BC
Diary of a Mad Black Woman
The Color Purple
Ninotchka
On Golden Pond
Dragonheart
Marie Antoinette
Brother Bear
Royal Wedding
Flying Down to Rio
Carefree
You Were Never Lovelier
X-Men
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Hotel Rwanda
Airport
Airplane
Mutiny on the Bounty
The Caine Mutiny
Gigi
The Merry Widow
Indian Love Call
I Married an Angel
On the Town
Congo
Pearl Harbor
Red Riding Hood
Bridge on the River Kwai
Columbiana
Legend
Die Another Day
Happy Gilmore
Big Daddy
Goldeneye
That Thing You Do
Men in Black
Independence Day
The Other Boleyn Girl
Elizabeth
The Woman in Black
Twilight
The Twilight Zone
Funny Girl
Funny Lady
I Remember Mama
Father of the Bride
Cat People
An American Werewolf in London
Wolf
Teen Wolf
The Jerk
Tron
Tron Legacy
Greed
The Kid
Call of the Wild
Balto
Queen of the Damned
How to Train Your Dragon
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Die Hard, etc.
The Time Machine
The African Queen
Bringing Up Baby
'Night, Mother
Annie
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Butterfield 8
Cleopatra
The Quiet Man
Brokeback Mountain
Midnight Cowboy
Urban Cowboy
The Karate Kid
Kung Fu Panda
Taxi
Chronicle
Night of the Living Dead
Beetlejuice
The Kingdom
A Time to Kill
The Chamber
The Client
Chocolat
Winter in Wartime
Citizen Kane 
Lethal Weapon
My Fair Lady
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Chicago
Doctor Zhivago
The Miracle Worker
Dancing Lady
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Who Killed Roger Rabbit?
All About Eve
The Mummy
White Men Can't Jump
Double Indemnity
Judge Dredd
Total Recall
Kontroll (Hungarian movie)
Ice Age
Taken
Flight Plan
Con Air
Red Dawn
Dirty Dancing
Being John Malkovich
Roman Holiday
It Happened One Night
Identity Thief
In Like Flint
Brave
Mirror, Mirror
Candyman
Lincoln

I could add more, but in the words of Super Grover, "My cute little arms are getting tired!" I hope you enjoyed this list and forgive any errors like accidentally listing something twice, or any blaring omissions. Time for some more rest and perhaps a bite to eat. Enjoy the madness!






No comments:

Post a Comment